Murderous Halloween Muffins
These muffins aren't for the faint of heart. They tell the eerie tale of a mysterious "accident" in the kitchen. Perfect for a spine-chilling Halloween party!
Ingredients for 12 murderous muffins:
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/2 packet of baking powder (or 2 tsp)
- 1 tsp lemon flavoring
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups mascarpone
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lime
- Red liquid food coloring
- Cream together sugar, vanilla sugar (or extract), flavoring, and butter. Then incorporate the eggs.
- Mix baking powder and flour, then alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk to the batter. For a chocolaty twist, replace lemon flavoring with 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins and bake at 392°F (200°C) for about 20-25 minutes. Let them cool afterward.
- For the topping, zest the lime and juice it. Whip together mascarpone, powdered sugar, a teaspoon of lime zest, and three teaspoons of lime juice until fluffy.
- Fill a piping bag with the cream and decorate the cooled muffins.
- For the "bloody glass shards": Boil 3/4 cup sugar with 1 cup water until the mixture starts to bubble and becomes thick. Carefully pour onto aluminum foil and let it cool briefly. Then place in the freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Carefully break the sugar plate to create shards and stick them into the muffins. Drizzle with red liquid food coloring to create "blood splatters".
If these murderous muffins are a hit at your party and you're on the hunt for more spooky recipes, visit our Halloween Bakery! You'll find everything a Halloween enthusiast could ever desire.