Reese's Peanut Butter Cups 2023: A Halloween Favorite Candy
What are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are one of the most beloved Halloween candies in the U.S. The combination of creamy peanut butter and rich chocolate is simply irresistible for many. They were first created in the 1920s by H. B. Reese, a former dairy farmer and shipbuilder.
Video: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Commercial (1972)
Reese's and Halloween
Halloween just wouldn't be the same in America without Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They are one of the top-selling Halloween candies and a frequent find in the candy bags of trick-or-treaters.
Making Reese's Peanut Butter Cups at Home
Although they can be purchased in stores, it can also be fun to make Reese's Peanut Butter Cups at home. Here's a simple recipe to make them yourself:
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mini muffin liners
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a double boiler.
- Distribute about half of the chocolate on the bottom of the muffin liners.
- Put them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to let the chocolate set.
- In the meantime, mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar in a bowl until they are well combined.
- Take the liners out of the refrigerator and add the peanut butter mixture.
- Put them back in the refrigerator to let the peanut butter set.
- Once the peanut butter is set, distribute the rest of the chocolate over it.
- Put the peanut butter cups back in the refrigerator until everything is set.
- Enjoy your homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!
Variations of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Although the classic Reese's Peanut Butter Cup will always remain a favorite, there are now many variations of this delicious treat. These include white chocolate, dark chocolate, thin cups, big cups, and even cups with additional fillings such as caramel or nougat.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are a delicious tradition that reaches its peak around Halloween time. Whether you buy them or make them yourself, they are a delightful treat that has won the hearts of candy lovers around the world. Enjoy one or two (or more) Reese's Peanut Butter Cups this Halloween!
Spooky Delights You Might Also Like
Candy on Halloween: A Tour Through the Trick or Treat Bag
Mary Janes: America's Nostalgic Favorite Candy
Atomic FireBalls: A Halloween Classic in the USA
Pumpkin Peeps: The Sweetest Halloween Tradition
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: A Halloween Favorite Candy
Candy Corn: An American Halloween Tradition